This is one in a series of small scale and personable firearms classes that is geared toward families, couples and singles that have little or no experience with gun culture. Unlike most of our other meetups we will be limiting the group for each session. Each session will be made up of the same basic information. In a quiet classroom setting we will teach basics for about and hour or so and then for the following two hours we will go into the range and shoot each of the weapons that have been presented to the class.
This is a basic summary of what each class will consist of :
* The Power of " No. " - Survival Psychology in relation to the use of firearms
* Gun safety practices - what to do and what not to do when handling firearms to prevent unintended injury and death.
* Gun law in Pa, NJ,and De - sorting facts from rumors, looking at federal laws now and later
* Exploring different weapon platforms - Pistols (revolvers/semiautos) , Rifles ( bolt action/semiauto), Shotguns ( long & short )
* Understanding ammunition - strengths and weaknesses of various calibers and powder packs, the amazing selection of shotgun ammo to be found
* Proper footing, posture, hand and eye placement for good shooting results
* How to acquire proper sight alignment and hit what you aim for
* Dealing with weapon jams on semi autos for rifles and pistols
* How to sweep and clear rooms of predators and the best ways to employ a flashlight with guns
Then we will go into the range and get in a good couple hours of practice with the weapons demonstrated. Eye and ear protection will be provided, ammunition and targets as well. Hands on instruction will be ever present.
We will provide a variety of firearms that are suited for every age, body type and capability.
The weapons and instructors are donated to you for free out of a simple love and respect for humanity. The range fee, ammo, targets and eye/ear protection will cost each participant $50.00 in Federal Reserve Notes which is due at the beginning of each class offered.
Children of and age and ability to PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE THE SUBJECT SERIOUSLY are welcome and in fact are at the core of our planning efforts. Ages 8 and up are our preferred student ages. All of our instructors are seasoned parents and/or well suited to deal patiently with beginners.
So that we may all use the donated time and effort efficiently, please arrive on time.
ADULTS !! PLEASE BRING YOUR STATE ISSUED ID ( DRIVER'S LICENSE, ETC) IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO SHOOT AT THIS RANGE. DO NOT FORGET YOUR ID !!
This will be a fun and friendly event that will soberly deal with deadly serious subject matter.
Any questions may be directed to Fernando[masked]