This will be a three hour walking tour in the overgrown wastelands of the Philadelphia waterfront. In this scenic and somewhat intimidating wild land we will identify and taste well over a dozen different edibles and medicinals as well as demonstrate and practice several forms of guerrilla gardening techniques.
Guerrilla gardening is gardening on land that the gardeners do not have legal right to use, often an abandoned site or area not cared for by anyone. There are a few good reasons why an individual may want to have the skills and techniques of food growing without permission under their belt.
We will cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. A few things to bear in mind:
1. There is no bathroom onsite so you want to consider getting to the rally point a little early and using the facilities at on of the stores in the Port Richmond Shopping Plaza.
2. We will be on hilly, sometimes rocky terrain. Wear boots or suitable shoes.
3. BYO water or other ways to hydrate.
4. If you have a smartphone, download one or a few wild edible/medicinal identification apps. They come in remarkably handy out there and will give you a leg up both in the field that day and in your everyday life. Use the technology while you have it.
5. Have Fernando's phone number[masked] in your phone before 5/13/12@12pmin case of any mix up or last minute change of plans to keep us from waiting on folks that RSVPed but do not show.
6. If you want to give your Mom a bouquet of wild picked flowers from the tour, flower picking is DIY. : )
That should cover it. Any questions? Contact Fernando
See you there!