SURVIVE AND THRIVE PHILADELPHIA Message Board SURVIVE AND THRIVE -- Discussion Forum › predictions on world situation for 2011

predictions on world situation for 2011

Locke
user 9042336
North Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 12
Andy--

Great post, very well written! Thanks for the links and I'm inclined to agree with your views.

It is my personal view that in all likelihood the complete, systemic, worldwide collapse of our social order is not coming any time soon. There, I said it! [inhale…now exhale, everyone!] If anything, the world has been far less stable in the past, even within our own lifetimes, it’s only now that we’ve studied these issues are we aware of the breadth of them. It is a little overwhelming and perhaps frightening at times, but if you analyze the facts, logistics, and trending you will see that most of the scenarios predicting armeggeden[sp.] are unlikely to downright silly.

Regardless, I feel there is a much more palpable usefulness derived from this group that will separate it’s members from the general populace in the future: Independence. While more and more of our fellow citizens become dependent on an ever-expanding government or manufactured goods or prescribed social norms, this group is investigating how to be completely self-sufficient, and that I feel is this group’s biggest strength. If you are indebted or without then you are not free people—your actions and decisions are impeded by the constraints and considerations of your indebtedness or needs. Many Americans will continue to lose their property and rack up crushing, lifelong bad credit due to their short-sighted subsistence. That is how slaves are made; That is how we will be different. Moreover, it will serve this group and their descendents well in the future to be self sufficient so that they might easily weather fluctuations that would otherwise cause their day-to-day peers much greater pain.

And if the radioactive alien zombies with the poison bees that shoot of their mouths ever do attack, we’ll all be able to kick their asses.

Best of luck to you all in the new year and continue to be prepared—you’ve all taken a great step towards crafting a better future.
A former member
Post #: 34
The day after I posted crude $150 gas $4.00 gasoline went up .20 in wv to $3.25 gallon
A former member
Post #: 25
Andy,

Check the dates on your solar references, a little out of date. NASA’s latest projection for increased activity is 2013. The problem is not flares/CMEs but lack of solar activity causing problems.

You could correlate the solar minimums from NASA with earthquake activity from USGS to see the relationship.

To see the effects of the minimum you might want to check the 2010 headline news for:
Tennessee flood
Kentucky flood
Iceland volcano
Haiti earthquake
Chile earthquake
Indonesia volcano/earthquake/tsunami
Qinghai earthquake
Pakistan floods
European Weather

For housing, I don’t think the “shadow inventory” is the problem right now, although it is not off the table. Banks will hold the properties at their original value as assets hoping the market recovers. If a bank sells a property at a loss, the bank must recognize the actual loss which affects its balance sheet, reserve requirements and their bonuses. It looks like “job insecurity” and anticipation of even lower prices will drive the market down.

FERNANDO ANTONIO S...
WATERWOLF
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 86
This is a lively and intelligent thread. I personally try to steer away from predicting the future but I do see that we are standing on train tracks , there is a deep rumbling along with the high pitched screech of metal wheels and there is a bright light headed our way.
Brandon
user 12561985
Sicklerville, NJ
Post #: 5
A former member
Post #: 2,272
I have only followed the markets since 1995. I have a limited 4 year education in finance and 12 year business background. Timing markets is a luxury that is exclusive to insiders alone. However, the writing is on the wall that we have over extended our nation's credit. I will not corner myself into making a y2k, or 2012 prediction, but there is no doubt in my mind that big changes are coming and the bursting money bubble will be no joke.
A former member
Post #: 36
http://www.stansberry...­ long, boring in beginning but worth the watch, in my opinion end of america 3
A former member
Post #: 3
Prediction: The southern middle part of our country will be wasteland with all the oil gush that haoppened this past year for over 3 months. There will be deaths and birth defects and shortage of food supply from the toxicity of both oil and benzene being sprayed. People will be forced to leave the area to survive. I think jit's a disgrace that there is no coverage in the media about how much the people in
that whole area are suffering from both the millions of barrels of oil and the neuro-toxin Corexit.
A former member
Post #: 55
Japanese earthquake 03/11/2011

Powerful Quake and Tsunami Devastate Northern Japan
http://www.nytimes.co...­

Japan’s 8.9 Earthquake and Giant Tsunami
http://www.youtube.co...­

explosion at an earthquake-damaged nuclear plant
http://www.cnn.com/20...­

A former member
Post #: 76
Do you have potassium iodate or iodide if reactor melts and wind brings the radiation this way? Any substitutes?