addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SURVIVE AND THRIVE PHILADELPHIA Message Board Survive and Thrive Virtual Prepping Labs › Discussions on Lab sessions has it's own section, off main discussion menu,

Discussions on Lab sessions has it's own section, off main discussion menu, still plenty of room, ALL are welcome.

A former member
Post #: 71
Hello SnT

Jim DeGeus and I just went through the procedures, that each lab participant, will go through, when entering the video conference / lab. Some of the procedures, appear at first to be complex. Like many tech tools, it requires some learning, adjusting to this or that quirk.

Reminder, I need a direct email for everyone that wants to participate in the lab. After receiving a test email from me, I will send you Jim DeGeus's phone number. Call him to arrange a 'test conference' and he will walk each of you through the setup.

Like many software tools, that say "It's just point and click", or "plug'n play".... It isn't!!! It's why folks like Jim will always have employment. We are lucky to have his service for this start up phase.

Again we (Jim and I) need direct email contacts outside of the SnT system, if you haven't already send me and email so I/we have your email. Also include the days/nights and times that you would be available for the virtual lab.

cavecliff at yahoo dot com

Yours in service

cavecliff

A former member
Post #: 1
This looks interesting. Is there a cost for this? If I don't have a webcam, can I just read the text of the presentations?
A former member
Post #: 17
Hi Cliff,
I would like very much to participate! I already have a webcam. If there's room for
one more, can I be included in learning to prep?

-Elise
A former member
Post #: 72
Hello SnT

We still have one spot open.

Yours in service

cavecliff
A former member
Post #: 76
The following four folks expressed interest in the course and I have not received the information I require.

Vincent L. Girolami

Louis Mancuso

Elise

Marietta Trainer

I need a direct email for each of you, please send me a direct email outside of SnT to cavecliff at yahoo dot com

This will allow the remaining steps to be completed to test your webcam setup and get you up to speed on the tele-conferencing software.

Yours in service

cavecliff
Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 10
Hello again SnT Folks,

Just an FYI, for this Lab, both a webcam AND earphones for your PC/Laptop are required.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the Logitech Pro 9000 webcam can be had on Amazon for around $57.

I got a pair of stereo earphones for my MacBook on eBay for less than $5.

To answer an earlier post, one can't be part of the lab without the webcam because it'll be all audio and video, there will be no text-based chatroom.

I'm looking forward to taking each of you through a test login before the actual Lab takes place.

In conclusion, if you are considering purchasing the David Morris SIP course, please consider using my affiliate link which you'll find in an earlier post. It would help to defray the cost of the videoconferencing system. Thanks in advance!

All the Best,
Jim
Vincent L. G.
user 10865636
Mount Holly, NJ
Post #: 4
The following four folks expressed interest in the course and I have not received the information I require.

Vincent L. Girolami

Louis Mancuso

Elise

Marietta Trainer

I need a direct email for each of you, please send me a direct email outside of SnT to cavecliff at yahoo dot com

This will allow the remaining steps to be completed to test your webcam setup and get you up to speed on the tele-conferencing software.

Yours in service

cavecliff
CC
I do not have a webcam. so I have to beg out !
vlg
Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 12
Hello SnT

Jim DeGeus and I just went through the procedures, that each lab participant, will go through, when entering the video conference / lab. Some of the procedures, appear at first to be complex. Like many tech tools, it requires some learning, adjusting to this or that quirk.

Excerpt from Cavecliff's post

Hello SnT Folks,

I've created a screencast walk-through of the process of joining an SnT Video Lab Conference. It can be found on my website oprativ.com. Just click on the prominent image that says "Click here for SnT Tutorial". Pls excuse me for double posting but I also listed this in the Instructional Videos thread.

Best,
Jim
Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 14
FYI Folks,

I've just updated the tutorial to make the content more clear and added my contact info at the end.

Jim
FERNANDO ANTONIO S...
WATERWOLF
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 162
Good luck to all on this maiden voyage tonight.