addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SURVIVE AND THRIVE PHILADELPHIA Message Board SURVIVE AND THRIVE -- Discussion Forum › JUST ‘CAUSE YOUR PARANOID DOESN’T MEAN THEY’RE NOT WATCHING YOU!

JUST ‘CAUSE YOUR PARANOID DOESN’T MEAN THEY’RE NOT WATCHING YOU!

Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 33
Hello members of the Survive and Thrive Family!

Has anyone done any internet searches lately about survival topics, retreat locations, stocking up on food, guns and ammo, and/or bugging out? Has anyone had any phone conversations about the direction of the government or poor quality of leadership, or about putting together a group to ride out whatever is coming?

Google, MSN Search, Yahoo!, AOL, and most other search engines collect and store records of your search queries that can be traced back to you.

Furthermore, there's been a lot of concern in the press lately about Google's new Privacy Policy that is to go into effect March 1st. Google will combine users' personal information from services like Web Browsing History and YouTube viewing selections with all other Google products and will also store more extensive personal information on user profiles. One significant area is the tracking of your geographical location from your Android phone. They want to be able to remind you that you're late for a meeting based upon events in your Calendar and your location.

I'm sorry, but to us that just sounds a little too much like Big Brother or SkyNet. But Google is already self-aware… they want to gather more information on you in order to sell more ads. And speaking of Big Brother...

The US Government has been trying to hide its electronic/internet/e-mail/phone surveillance initiative as a state secret. As far back as 2009, the Obama Administration has claimed that the government cannot be held accountable for illegal surveillance under any federal statutes. This results in the warrantless wiretapping and internet monitoring of countless Americans, from which the government claims immunity from prosecution.

American Internet Users should not be subjected to such a massive and systematic surveillance and bugging.

Moreover, if you’ve watched the news or read any blogs lately you’ve probably heard about the passage of the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act). Basically, this is a far-reaching law that among other things defines what can constitute a terrorist or terroristic acts. If you aren’t familiar with it, Google it (hee..hee). You should be aware of it! You may qualify!

Most of us are not aware of alternatives to guarding our privacy. Do any of you even care about keeping anyone from watching your Internet connection and learning what you search for, what sites you visit, and do you want to prevent the sites you visit from learning your physical location?

Also, by law, all Internet Service Providers (ISPs) monitor the Internet sites and services you connect to. And the servers you connect to are monitoring your connections to them and can pretty accurately tell your geographic location based upon your IP address.

Whatever you do on the Internet, wherever you go, you leave a footprint, a footprint that can be traced back to you.

The problem, as we see it, is that there needs to be a way to preserve Anonymity on the Internet.

We in the SnT Virtual Prepping Lab have done some research on this topic and have come up with a couple of solutions. We've come up with solutions that range from basically protecting your internet surfing to solutions that move your email provider to an internationally distributed provider, to solutions that enable you to carry on all of your online activity (FTP, Skype, web surfing, etc) anonymously.

Some of these solutions are free and Open Source, some are paid services. Some of them are more secure than others.

So now, the big question! Do you even care?

Does anyone think this is a topic that is worth pursuing?

If there is no interest, then we’ll just let it die a natural death and move on. But if, like some of us, you feel that this is something worth pursuing then please post your response! That’s how we’ll gauge if we’re onto something that could be a benefit to all of us. We’re asking our over 600 members to take the time to respond! Remember…Just cause you’re paranoid….

Thanks for your time,
The Virtual Prepping Lab Guys.
Abby
user 39743902
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 4
This information would be more then welcome :)
A former member
Post #: 30
Ran across this this morning. Hope it helps.

I use this site for privite searches which is mentioned in this article. https://www.ixquick.c...­

http://www.zerohedge....­

Thanks

Deb
Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 34
Hello members of the Survive and Thrive Family!

As you can probably tell, recent changes in the Online Privacy Landscape
have prompted our researching new and improved methods of securing our
online privacy, and we're posting the results of our research here for the
benefit of the SnT Community.

Here are some free, practical first steps to securing both your search and online privacy.

First, for online search:

What we've done is to replace using Google as our search engine.
Google keeps track of your IP address when you search and so can identify/link
all of your searches with you (via your ISP).

We don't want Google knowing that we search on prepping topics because of our
modern culture's expressed normalcy bias.

We've replaced the Google search engine with the Startpage search engine
(also same as ixquick.com, thanks Deb!). This search engine
does not keep track of your IP address the way Goggle does, yet still uses Google to get it's
search results... so you get all the quality of
a Google search without any of the risk of being personally identified with that search.

One can also add Startpage to whichever browser you use.
There's a link to do that on the Startpage homepage.

Another good alternative to Google search is duckduckgo.com (Thanks, Adam!).

Next, here is a link to an article by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
that gives you six tips to securing you online search privacy.

At the bottom of the article they reference the TOR network, which sprang up in
Scandinavia as a reaction to their governments' Internet data retention laws.

TOR is an Open Source anonymous web proxy network that allows you to surf the web anonymously.
The reason that I'm not recommending it is that I believe the US government intelligence
community has the technology sophisticated enough to decrypt TOR if it hasn't already.

If you're not that concerned, then the TOR network might be the free solution for you...
it can cover your tracks reasonably well.

For those of us with stronger privacy needs, we'll post some more robust, paid alternatives in our next post.

Till then,
The Virtual Prepping Lab Team
FERNANDO ANTONIO S...
WATERWOLF
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 199
Jim and the S&T Prepping Lab Guys,

Words cannot convey the depth of my gratitude for this thread. Many will read it and not comment for fear of violating the often quoted " survival of the flattest" rule.

I have already made the tactical error myself in order to be of service to the least among us. By instructing common folk in the arts and sciences of self preservation as well as standing on and for the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution I have made myself a target of the invasive hand of the FBI/DHS/NSA.

Web traffic via my Meetup.com profile has been tracked back to Langley Virginia, the intell hub of the world. I have had many "anomalies" happen on my phone and laptop that I try to explain away. The IRS has recently taken an unwarranted interest in my life going back to the inception of S&T. And in a major escalation of effort - my trash collectors went out on a limb and informed me not long ago that the FBI has been having them segregate my household trash for offsite inspection.

Why?

I preach the gospel of self reliance and independence from the Grid and State. How to make and control fire without matches or a fire department. What is in the water and how to get it out. Where to find food in the form of weeds and how to grow your own. Why nuclear readiness is still important even if the Phillies are on and Dancing with the Stars is coming on later.

I stand with the disquieted youth of the Occupy movement, not all of the motives but with their 1st amendment right to have a peaceful redress of grievances on public property.

I maintain my ability to insulate my family from violence with a Colt .45 1911 on my side, so I avoid New Jersey like it is the Plague.

I am pissed off at the crooked vote counting in this country so I support the work of BlackBoxVoting.org

I swore an oath to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution from all enemies- foreign and domestic , so I am an Oathkeeper. Oathkeepers.org

I am an outspoken proponent of understanding sovereignty and Natural Law so I respectfully block cops when warranted. CopBlock.org

I will not allow the TSA to touch my children, look at their naked bodies or irradiate our DNA which is MY property and sacred code of life, so WE WON'T FLY.
WeWontFly.org

I am a well trained firefighter in service since 2002 and I know damned well that kerosene (jet fuel) fires igniting simple office fires ( wood and plastic) on a few high levels of structural steel and concrete buildings cannot possibly cause molten steel to spew out of the sides of said buildings as they implode at freefall speed into their own footprints and have MOLTEN STEEL POOL IN THE THIRD SUB BASEMENT FOR WEEKS. WTC 7 was never touched yet was imploded after the BBC and other MSM outlets had already announced it's disintegration. I am not suckered so easily.
Firefightersfor911Truth.org

Maybe I am wrong, maybe you the reader disagrees with one or all of my veiws here. I have kept a tight lip on most of these topics in our meetups, keeping it always a nonpolitical forum. That said things are getting pretty ugly. The Patriot Act and the NDAA are right out of hand.

I feel as a tax paying citizen, a good, self employed man that works at least 6 days a week to support my wife and two children, volunteers for decades to be of service to my God, my country and my fellow man - I feel as though I am being cornered. Boxed into a smaller and smaller "free speech zone".

I am ashamed of my fellow citizens as they sleep at the wheel. MLK said of the American people during the Vietnam war " without great love there cannot be great disappointment."

I grasp the wider role of mind control and I WILL REFUSE AND RESIST IT WITH ALL OF MY BEING AND MIGHT.

So,

I am willing to fight, kill and die for these simple truths but I don't want to. I want to have strength in numbers now that we may avoid violent conflict later. Later seems sooner than ever.

I say again- stock up on your food/water/ammo/meds etc. and step up to speak out often. Share the burden of truth, freedom and prosperity now so that my kids and all kids may live and love well into the future.

Thank you so much for surfacing this thread Jim. It means more than can be contained.
A former member
Post #: 4,928
Right on guys!

You are good people Fernando. Keep doing what you are doing. You have inspired more good than you know.

The meek shall enter it the earth.
A former member
Post #: 3
Must have...........Survival Seed Bank. My favorite survival item!!
Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 38
BlackBoxVoting.org Oathkeepers.org CopBlock.org WeWontFly.org Firefightersfor911Truth.org

I say again- stock up on your food/water/ammo/meds etc. and step up to speak out often. Share the burden of truth, freedom and prosperity now so that my kids and all kids may live and love well into the future.

Just a note to say that I'm working my way through the resources you've cited. Thank you for all that you do, Fernando.

Live Fully, Love Openly, and Make a Difference.
A former member
Post #: 1
Cell phone jammer is an interesting and helpful device when we don’t want to be bothered by the cell phone noise. I just bought myself a cell phone signal jammer the other day, it is working great and BTW, it’s legal here in my country.
Jim de G.
oprativ
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 46
I'm sorry Etta but cell phone jammers are NOT legal here in the US, one can get into trouble with the FCC for disrupting frequencies reserved for telcos, and it's a big deal. And by posting bad info such as this you catch the attention of those of us who play SpotTheFed. So please be careful and have a nice day in your country, wherever that is ;-)