BigDataCamp takes place the night before Hadoop Summit 2013. We invite all attendees and anyone else interested in Big Data to join us for a lively discussion, finger food, and a frosty beverage or two.
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related Big Data technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format. Led by CloudCamp's Dave Nielsen, attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with community-proposed topics, including Lightning Talks & Unconference Sessions.
Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.
Location: 2nd Floor of the San Jose Convention Center. In meeting room 212. Just across the from the San Jose Marriott.
Parking: (see http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/attraction/san-jose-mcenery-convention-center/ for additional parking options)
Almaden & Woz ($7.00 flat rate)
401 S Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 9511
Join us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Eventbrite
Schedule: June 25, 2013
5:30pm - Happy Hour w/drinks & food
6:30pm - Welcome, Thank-you & Introductions - Dave Nielsen
7:15pm - Lightning Talks - 5 minutes each
8:15pm - Organize Unconference; Proposed Sessions
8:30pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 1 - "TBD"
9:15pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 2 - "TBD"
10:00pm - Wrap Up (1 minute summary of each session)
10:15pm - Drinks? Marriott Hotel Bar?
Organizer & Facilitator:
Dave Nielsen of CloudCamp
And a special thank you to our sponsors for supporting us:
Register for Hadoop Summit 2013
Volunteers & Sponsors:
- To volunteer or sponsor, email dave at cloudcamp.org
Follow us at http://twitter.com/bigdatacamp
Tag Cloud based on Topics Proposed During Registration:
access alternatives analysis analytics architecture aws based batch best business case cloud computing data distributed exists file financial flume full future getting going graphs hadoop hdfs important language learning management map-reduce mining models nlp nosql practices predictive processing real-time report social solutions storage structured system text used visualization wants web
Proposed Topics (as of June 5th):
- Consumer choice prediction and modeling.
- Breaking into big data for statisticians or academics.
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Consumer engagement based on social data
- Machine Learning use cases for mobile - location
- Real-time use cases in Big Data
- Erasure Coding in Hadoop
- Big Data benchmarking
- Graphs in HBase
- BigDat @ Enterprise Level
- cloud/mobile security
- Using internal versus external storage with Hadoop cluster.
- Big Data with Node.js
- Natural language processing using R on Hadoop which scales to hundreds of nodes.
- What is the next big thing beyond Hadoop?
- Natural Language Processing / Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Use Hadoop to help Advertising, Marketing Analytics, Healthcare, Financials, and other vertical markets
- End to End use cases for Hadoop for businesses
- Tips for transitioning from RDBMS to NoSQL/BigData solutions
- DevOps and Hadoop
- Network Design differences between web 2.0 and enterprise for bigdata
- Alternatives to Map Reduce
- Real-time reporting on big data
- Use Cases
- What is the next phase in Big Data Analytics ?
- Real time Ming
- Security and data of Health IT