January 24, 2012 · 6:30 PM
"Cloud M&A: Buy-side and Sell-side Dynamics in 2012 and Beyond"
- Senior venture capital investor focused on cloud computing
- Senior corporate attorney focused on M&A and cloud computing
- CEO from a cloud solutions or infrastructure company, either independent or recently acquired
- Moderator: Senior-level management consultant (background: Corporate Strategy, M&A, High-technology)
The panel will address several key questions related to M&A dynamics in the cloud computing sector, such as:
- Is the market hype around "all things cloud" driving strategic buyers to acquire cloud computing companies before they have been able to demonstrate a "path to value"?
- How has the aggressive acquisition activity of strategic buyers influenced the investment strategies, opportunities and returns of venture capital investors?
- What factors should cloud computing companies consider when evaluating their options to remain private, accept investment capital, or exit fully via a change-in-control transaction?
- How is the pattern of M&A activity in the cloud sector over the next 2-3 years likely to differ from the pattern of the past 2-3 years? What are the implications for venture capital investors, strategic buyers, and cloud computing companies?