I just discovered this regarding Perl and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2):
https://aws.amazon... , "Looking ahead to our[masked] release" :
"We are considering removing Perl from the packages that are installed by default on the AMI, but it will remain in the repositories."
I would hat of Amazon drops Perl. TWiki is also deployed in the Amazon cloud by many companies. I wrote a blog post about this, http://twiki.org/...
"Please let us know if you have feedback or concerns about any of these plans."
I recommend complaining about considering removing Perl. Link: https://forums.aws...
* Peter Thoeny - Peter[at]Thoeny.org
* http://bit.ly/MrT... - E2.0 consulting services
* http://TWiki.org - is your team already TWiki enabled?
* Knowledge cannot be managed, it can be discovered and shared
* This e-mail is: (_) private (_) ask first (o) public