Silicon Valley Perl Message Board › Senior and Lead Software Engineer openings at SAY Media (SF)
San Francisco, CA
SAY is a global media company that helps passionate, independent content creators publish, build an audience, and earn a living.
The power to shape opinion is shifting from established media to individuals with real expertise and enthusiasm. SAY is accelerating this shift by delivering publishing technology and media services to influential creators and passion-based communities across key consumer interest areas such as family, sports, entertainment and technology. Drawing on expertise in social publishing, distribution and authentic digital marketing, the SAY team helps today’s leading online voices and top consumer brands engage with more than 400 million people around the world.
Based in San Francisco, California, SAY Media is in 11 markets in four countries, and has over 300 employees worldwide. The company has grown more than 100% per year, and is comprised of an eclectic group of thinkers and doers focused on building the modern media company, bridging technical, creative, and business disciplines.
We're looking for seasoned, passionate senior engineers to help us build web applications for a modern media company. Play a key role in a fast paced engineering team using agile process and the latest tools to design, built, and test products reaching hundreds of millions every month. If you're a self-motivated team player looking for a challenge, we want to hear from you.
* BS/CS or equivalent experience
* 5+ years developing interactive high-volume web applications
* Adaptable senior contributor drawing on extensive experience with Perl
* Strong leadership skills and desire to mentor junior engineers
* Skilled engineer with an emphasis on full-stack LAMP web development
* Thrives in a fast-paced, agile, small team environment where accountability and collaboration are expected
* Familiarity with common Python tools a plus (simplejson, httplib2, nose, mockito)
* Experience with HTTP-based REST/JSON APIs, MVC architecture, test-driven development
* Federated social web technologies: OpenID, OAuth, Twitter, Facebook API, RSS, Atom
* MySQL, Memcached, Git, Perlbal, Gearman and other open-source technologies a huge plus!
This is a full time, onsite role based in San Francisco. If you have any questions, feel free to reach me at rnewman (at) saymedia (dot) com
Click <a href="http://hire.jobvite.c... to apply.