Silicon Valley Perl Message Board › Sr. Perl Developer Opportunity in San Jose

Sr. Perl Developer Opportunity in San Jose

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All! I have an opportunity available for a Sr. Perl Developer with strong SCM experience in San Jose, CA. Below is the job description. Please feel free to contact me at my direct line at 831-459-6552 or email me at mallory.dore@thearmadagroup.com. We also offer a $500 bonus for successfully placed referrals! Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sr. Perl Developer with strong SCM experience

Description:
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Perl Developer who thrives in implementing GIT based software configuration management solutions in enterprise scale environments. You will be responsible for assisting in defining, managing, implementing and maintaining the branch strategy of an end-to-end build / release cycle for cutting-edge software products. Your focus will be on advising, implementing and automating the build and release process to integrate within the current development environment.

Responsibilities include:
* Create additional tools for Git. Spec, design, code and test scripts in Perl.
* Tools on-boarding: Evaluate and bring in third-party tools related to SCM. Conduct the evaluation, setup, customization, integration and documentation of these tools.
* Monitor and respond to build and merge failures and assist development with resolution.
* Provide enhancements to build infrastructure to improve developer productivity.
* Integrate source code control system with defect tracking, code & unit test review, static analysis and daily sanity test systems.

Requirements:
* Solid experience (5+ years) writing Perl scripts or other scripting experience. Note that this role will be heavily focused on creating complex scripts and the candidate should be able to readily articulate technical details related to scripting.
* Good experience (8+ years) providing Software Configuration Management (SCM) services to large, geographically distributed teams of developers. Should include at least 6 months of this in a ClearCase UCM environment.
* Good system design and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and frequent release cycles, software configuration management practices, and build and release management methodologies
* Expertise with build and development tools including ANT, Ivy, Bamboo, Maven, Hudson and/or others to maintain an automated build system, as well as strong knowledge of the build/release process including product installation/configuration and system/unit testing

With gratitude,

Mallory Dore