Games and Apps Go to China is a new program from the GWC, organizer of Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC). Itfocuses on apps and games looking for success in China, second largest and soon to be the largest games and apps market in the World. We have a panel of experts who have helped many games and apps succeed in China. They can help you too. Don't miss this event
What is the Process of the Competition? What are the rules?
- After the close of submission on March 15th at 5pm, a judging committee will determine which 10 finalists will be given a free innovation booth each at GMIC Beijing.
- The 10 Finalists will present their game/app on March 25th to a panel of judges.
- Judges will select 3 or more app or game winners.
- The winners will get a chance to demo at GMIC Beijing (May 7-8) and/or GMIC Silicon Valley (October 21-23)
- Judging criteria include Originality, Popularity, UI/UX esperience. As well as Fun for games and Utility for apps.
- All decisions of the judging committee and judges are final and binding.
- GWC reserve all rights to modify the rules.
Why Should I Apply to Compete in this event?
- Chance to connect with leading game publishers, platforms, distributors, and VCs.
- Discount for participating in at the Global Mobile Internet Conference as an attendee or exhibitor
- Demo and receive feedback from a panel of industry expert judges
- 1 Innovation Booth and 2 Main Stage Passes at GMIC Beijing
- Brand exposure through GMIC website, social media, partners' channels and PR
Top Winners additional benefits:
- Demo in GMIC Beijing
- Meeting with sponsors.
- Consulting Advice from experts
- More benefits from sponsors
Who Should Apply to Compete?
- Any mobile game or app from a startup company or individual can apply
- Any app/game developer who wants to expand his/her network within the mobile gaming ecosystem in China
- This will be an unique opportunity for games that want to increase users in Asia, and desires to launch at GMIC Beijing (May 7-8)
What are the events at GMIC Beijing?
- Mobile Game Competition
- Conference tracks on mobile game monetization, localization, globalization etc.
- Innovation Expo featuring mobile games
- Mobile Game Award Ceremony for most innovative and popular mobile games
- Business matching activities, after party and Fun!
Join us to take your games and apps to China!
What is the Agenda of "Games and Apps Go to China" @ South Bay?
Moderator: William Heathershaw, Director of Marketing, GWC.
1) Localization only - Brendan Clavin
2) Platform strategy - TBD
3) Presence in China - Shirley Lin
4) Carrier Partnership - China Unicom
6:00 - 6:30pm Food and Drinks. Registration and Networking
6:30 - 6:45pm Opening & Introduction
6:50 - 7:15pm Presentations from Panel (5 minutes each for 4 speakers)
7:15 - 7:50pm App / Game Presentations (3 minutes each)
7:50 - 8:20pm Panel Discussion, Q & A
8:20 - 8:30pm Winners announced, Raffle
8:30 - 9:00pm Networking
Brendan Clavin, CTO and Co-Founder of Tethras
Shirley Lin, 800 Birds
Success Stories of Apps and Games Launching at the Global Mobile Internet Conference in Beijing
The creator of Fruit Ninja and Top sponsor of GMIC Beijing 2012, launched their China promotions through events organized by GWC: an interview with Sina, Monday Dinner in Beijing, G-Talk, Week of Games, GMIC 2012.
Launched Angry Birds in China at GMIC 2011, where the company then cooperated with Madhouse for ads, Letao for selling Angry Birds licensed products, also China Mobile and D.cn for distribution, among other partners. At GMIC 2012, HandGames and Yodo1 were formally introduced in the VIP Lounge. Three months later, the two became strategic partners. Within three days of YODO1 promoting and distributing “Clouds and Sheep”, it became the second most popular mobile game on Apple’s App Store.
Apps and Games Submission ends at 5pm. March 15th
More Questions? Please contact Lawrence Wong at lawrence dot wong at gwc.net.More information at http://beijing.thegmic.com/