Southwest Florida: 20's/30's Activity & Night Life Group Message Board › Event Attendance: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Event Attendance: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Lindsey
Crimjustekugrd07
Group Organizer
Lehigh Acres, FL
Hey everyone,

I've been noticing that attendance (no shows) is becoming an issue, so I'm going to start cracking down on it. I work two jobs and I'm not paid to host events or run this group, in fact I pay meetup to allow me to have my group on here. Having 2 jobs it becomes difficult to host events, but I try my best and request off when I feel an event is worth it. Today I had someone last minute cancel on me and then had 2 no shows. I waited a half hour and then ate by myself having to forfeit my groupon voucher for the price I paid for it to use it. I specifically took the day off from work for this event and I requested members to only rsvp if they were 100% sure they could make it. Please refer to the following policy that I will from this day forward be upholding:

No Shows: If you find that you are not able to make it to an event please change your RSVP asap (constantly changing it last minute is NOT respectful). The organizers of our group are not paid and work very hard to plan great events for you to attend and it is very discouraging for an organizer when people who RSVP {YES} do not show up. Also, some events require the organizer to make prior reservations and thus that event has an RSVP limit and/or needs an accurate headcount, so if that event becomes full and you do not show, you are essentially keeping someone else who may have wanted to attend, but could not because the event was full.

We understand things happen, but if you are unable to get to a computer in time to change your RSVP please contact the event organizer via phone or e-mail to explain your absence. 3 unexplained no shows will result in removal from the group.