Have you ever had a Greco di Tufo? A Lagrein? A Grignolino? Maybe not, but these lesser-known yet delicious varietals of the French and Italian wine worlds may surprise you-- if you can find them! Don't worry-- for this tasting, we've tracked down some of my favorite misfits and lined them up for your enjoyment.
Wines for Tasting (subject to availability):
- 2011 Mastroberardino Greco di Tufo (Campania, IT)
- 2011 Domaine Zind Humbrecht Gewurtztraminer (Alsace, FR)
- 2012 Heitz Grignolino (Napa Valley, CA)
- 2011 Scaia Corvina (Veneto, IT)
- 2010 Tessellae "Vieilles Vignes" Carignan (Cotes Catalanes, FR)
- 2010 Elena Walch Lagrein (Alto Adige, IT)
- 2012 Cline "Ancient Vines" Mourvedre (Sonoma Valley, CA)
Gourmet small bites will be served to pair, but you may want to plan on dinner after. Please pay via Paypal when you RSVP. (If you would like to pay by cash or check, send an email to [masked].) If you don't eat/like any particular food, PLEASE let us know in advance-- otherwise we'll assume you eat everything!