Well, you asked for it, so here it is! The first non-wine-oriented SWIRL event: diving into the sophisticated art of the homemade cocktail. From its humble beginnings to its present heights, the cocktail has played a central part in American culture. Here we'll try six freshly-made cocktails, four "classics" and two unique creations using local ingredients.
Cocktails for Tasting (subject to availability):
- The Daiquiri (rum, lime juice, simple syrup)
- The Martini (vodka and vermouth - stirred, not shaken)
- The Negroni (gin, red vermouth, campari)
- The Mai Tai (light rum, dark rum, pineapple, lime juice and orgeat)
- The Manhattan (whisky, vermouth, bitters, cherry)
- The Painkiller (a surprise!)
- The Last Word (a surprise!)
We'll start off with a discussion about the history of cocktails and how to prepare and appreciate a good cocktail. Gourmet small bites will be served to pair, but you may want to plan on dinner after. Please pay via Paypal when you RSVP. (If you would like to pay by cash or check, send an email to [masked]) If you don't eat/like any particular food, PLEASE let us know in advance-- otherwise we'll assume you eat everything!