In any business there are rules, and wine is no exception. If you follow the rules, you are accepted into polite company and given the benefit of the doubt. But if you break the rules, you had better make something extraordinary! In this tasting we bring you seven noble rulebreakers, winemakers who dared to flaunt the regulations handed down to them. We salute these daring deviants and the wines they bring us.
Wines for Tasting (subject to availability):
- 2006 Beringer Napa Valley Chardonnay (Napa, CA)
- 2006 Chateau de la Gardine Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc (Chateauneuf, FR)
- 2010 Victoria Rose "Mud Pie" Barbera (Mendocino, CA)
- 2012 Red Caboose RCW Tempranillo/Cab Sav (Meridian, TX)
- 2011 Chateau Musar "Musar Jeune" (Bekaa, LB)
- 2008 Yarden Cabernet Sauvignon (Golan Heights, IS)
- 2009 "Earthquake" Petit Sirah (Lodi, CA)
As usual, we'll start off with a quick discussion about smelling, tasting, pairing, buying and storing wine. Gourmet small bites will be served to pair, but you may want to plan on dinner after. Please pay via Paypal when you RSVP. (If you would like to pay by cash or check, send an email to [masked]) If you don't eat/like any particular food, PLEASE let us know in advance-- otherwise we'll assume you eat everything!