Data Science, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning…The buzzwords are many, the opportunities are great, and the complexity can be overwhelming.This presentation focuses on the heart, or "Zen" of the issue, presenting key concepts, distinguishing core from detail andhelping you to effectively navigate the complexity.This is a high-level, non-technical presentation sharing key insights on this strategic business function. A must for those developing their own analytics/data science capability.
- Key concepts, dos and don'ts of Data Science
- Science and engineering : very different!
- What are Data Scientists for?
- Where should Data Science sit in the business?
- How should data science be measured, managed, planned?
- Starting, nourishing and growing a successful Data Science function in your business skills and experience
- Becoming an effective data scientist
About Eugene Dubossarsky
Dr Eugene Dubossarsky is the Chief Data Scientist at Contexti, a premier Big Data Analytics Managed Services, Support and Training company.
With a background in pure mathematics and a PH.D in Computing Science, Eugene brings over 20 years of commercial analytics experience to Contexti’s team and customers.
Eugene is an active and recognised leader in the Asia Pacific and global analytics and data science communities having co-founded a number of organisations and professional bodies including Analyst First, Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA) and Sydney Users of R Forum.
Previously Eugene has held multiple data science and analytics roles including Director of Predictive Business Intelligence at Ernst & Young, Statistician with Insureware and Senior Research Fellow with the University of Technology Sydney.