©WELCOME TO SACYAKKERS: First dedicated meetup kayak group in Sacramento area. While not the largest in members, SacYakkers offers members a very unique and challenging experience to sense of adventure, skills and endurance building, ranging from beginner to advanced paddlers. Your journey begins with flat water paddling to river of varying challenges, with kayak camping, Many of the photos showing in Janice Green's book & CD are from members of this group.
WHY THIS GROUP: We offer kayaking (plus activities to supplement weekend trips such as hiking, camping, and touring unique places and experiences), but a 95% focus on kayaking.
1. Uncluttered calendar of kayak based events, great friendships form over the love of this sport. Integrating ourselves into the wild side of nature, gives us a robust sense of enjoyment, which is why many events are limited in attendance size or skill level for an enriched experience.
2. Guidance in gear selection
3. Loaners available ($20 per local event, $30 per extended trip
4. Product demos by CCK.
5. Very select emails. You won't be inundated with countless
announcements of non-kayak events.
6. Well researched planning for low cost, action packed trips.
7. Quality, not quantity oriented.
8. Shuttling, car pooling, permits, launch fee negotiation, and strong safety ethics.
9. By joining, your membership fee (once past trial stage) is for continued invitation to member only events. This fee is only for planning and invitation. Actual participation in an event generally costs nothing, except shared expenses bore by all.
10. By joining, you do so and participate at your own risk, and agree to hold everyone in this club harmless towards any participation, including, but not limited to (Kayaking, shuttling, camping, traffic collision, getting lost, injury death or any other mishap.
[Other Groups Near Sacramento]: Sacramento Paddle Pushers is a kayak, bike, hike and social activities group, with kayaking being 25-30% of events.
Sacramento Sea Kayakers is about 90% kayaking, specializing in bay kayak trips (as the name implies), with emphasis on advanced paddlers.
Lodi Paddle Group based out of Lodi Headwaters Kayak has a wide array of kayak choices from fishing to easy rivers / sloughs and areas unique to Lodi.
Non-Members: Check us out--two trips should give you a feel of why so many enjoy the unique paddling experience of SacYakkers.
Apply Here: http://www.emailmefor...
Above link is fast to complete.
Why Annual Dues:
1. Meetup charges me to use their software.
2. My Time! I purchase maps, permits, and gear, and negotiate great terms for gear and events for your benefit.
3. Planning your events grabs a lot of time away from my work. This helps compensate for loss of time to a lesser extent, but a love I don't mind.
4. Paying a nominal annual amount keeps out those that are not serious about signing up in the first place from going and no-showing.
5. Loyalty. A member means something more to people when they pay for it. It says they truly love the sport, and it's a small way to give back to the group that gives so much.
UNPAID MEMBERS: Enjoy two trips on us to check us out. Thereafter limited events.
PAID MEMBERS BENEFITS:
1. Have preferential status to events, and some events will be paid members only.
2. 15% off already low prices at Austin Canoe and Kayak (ACK).
VIP MEMBER BENEFITS (in addition to standard member):
1. Gets a custom SacYakker shirt
2. First to advance in any limited space waiting list.
3. Free loaner kayak for lake event (Organizer attending), and has available.
4. They also enjoy the recognition and distinction of a supporter to this group.
: Custom printed SacYakker Shirts available at Wholesale cost, and are quite nice! See application linked above in blue.
Requirements-other: - Members must read and answer "Yes", to all "about" section including liability, must follow meetup RSVP instructions.
How to Choose an Event:
Our events are posted on the club calendar (link at left), and announced within a few months of event. There will usually be a description of the waterway given for event posted. Please READ each event description to see if it's a good fit for you. This keeps you safe and keeps your fellow members happy. If you are a newbie, please start out with one of our EASY paddles to see "where you are". Please do NOT come out on a paddle that's too difficult for your condition. Please be aware of your own physical condition and limitations....be prepared.
WHY NOT THIS GROUP:
1. You are here strictly for commercial purposes.
2. Members without paid status are not members, but guests. Organizer may refuse membership to anyone at his or her discretion or remove members or guests at will, and may do so without stating reason.
EMAILS: You are in this group to kayak, not to get overloaded in emails. I respect that, so emails will be sent to those on the list and SPARINGLY. So to really enjoy the group, please enjoy receiving the emails, as details important to you fall through the crack when I cannot reach you.
NON-KAYAK EVENTS: I have included a few other activities in this meetup because...sometimes its good to get a change up to an activity that is truly adventurous, or takes us places when we cannot enjoy the kayak time due to weather.
LIABILITY: If you are a lawyer...go away! Organizers and hosts, are participants offering friends opportunity to join them solely as a support of friendship and safety in numbers. No assumption of risk, authority, warranty of safety exists whatsoever, and by acceptance of membership, you absolve all participants and organizers of any liability for safety, injury, death or other type of potential liable action. You are entirely responsible for your choice to participate or not, and by your doing so, have realized the risks, and hold harmless to others for your personal choice. Safety is all important to this group, but we do not know your limitations, nor can we predict how nature treats us in our kayaks. Life is a risk. Any leadership decisions regarding your participation is either to diminish your risk or the risk of others, or to refuse you to participate for your own good.
We will avoid sending you a long stream of emails on non-related topics. If we do a dinner, it will be a meet and greet, perhaps with a photo sharing or a discussion on another paddle to plan!
Members must read and acknowledge all "about" section including liability, must follow meetup RSVP instructions, as getting equipment, people, and fewest cars requires planning.
BECOME A TRIP INITIATOR / EVENT ORGANIZER: LINK: http://www.emailmefor...
TRIP INITIATOR / ASSISTANT ORGANIZERS & EVENT ORGANIZERS: It is the policy of SacYakkers E/O's and A/O's adhere to a policy of using event planning solely within the group. Materials, events, content of this site is not to be shared, posted. Conversely, any event content of other groups, as a courtesy shall remain with that group, unless that group organizer authorizes dissemination of their group content.
The Organizer, assistant organizer, or event organizer is fully empowered to turn folks away at the launch for any reason. Generally, this will only be in cases of safety, the general good of the group, conflicts, preparedness.
© Copywrite: Many hours are spent editing and planning events. As a courtesy, please do not copy events, site information, etc., unless specifically authorized by SacYakker organizer. Thank You.