addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › God Hates You Hate Him Back,LOL

God Hates You Hate Him Back,LOL

A former member
Post #: 39
Sorry it's been so long since I have been here to chat, December ws a crazy month. Our yougest turned 6 my hubby turned 40 and all the holiday stuff...man...my head is just finally calming down.

I recently added Nook online to my ocand downloaded "God Hates You Hate him Back"

Hysterical!!! With all the heavy reads that I have read it is so fun to read a book like this, with everyday language and comedy all while depicting the bible chapter by chapter!

If anyone hasnt read it, Id totally suggest it :)

Happy New Year Everyone!
Evan B.
Evan916
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 10
I alllllmmmmoooossst bought that for my iTouch/Android Kindle(s) but then I saw "The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails", a book of essays edited by John Loftus, and got that instead.

The other book looked HILARIOUS but I felt like something a bit more "scholarly", something to give me usable fodder for future arguments. This book attacks Christianity from multiple angles and all but one author used to be "card-carrying" Christians; some even preachers themselves. They all come from different fields within the Physical, Social, Life, Cognitive sciences so each author is specially equipped to tackle the issue from a focused, unique perspective. Great, great book so far!
Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 64
Evan,

We don't need fodder to deal with the religious. To prove that god does not exist is another way to acknowledge that god DOES exist. I have always been out of atheist apologetics! I will not follow xtians into arguments that have but one final answer on their part: I have faith and you do not! This is such a futile thing that I refuse to take part in and always have. I only realized lately how wise this has been after reading all of the apologetics o Dawkins, et al. I would only pose one statement to those who would proselytize: "Once one starts talking about their religion, they have ruined it."
Evan B.
Evan916
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 11
LOL When I say that I'm imagining having something that just stumps those Christians in the quad at school; I agree with you. The older I get the less I feel inclined to debate this...like, ever. It feels dirty like I'm stooping to their level now. Like why am I getting in a heated argument about whether this person's ancient Jewish myth is true or not? I'll just sit back and let them all keep thinking each is the protagonist in their own little personal narrative directed by god itself.
I do enjoy getting into it sometimes with closer friends who have beliefs, though. Feels less icky.
Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 66
Evan,

All I know about too many xtians is that they are seeking their own martyrdom! I remember the one time my daughter, when I talked about all religions as mythological structures to answer basic questions about life, she responded, "Go ahead, you can beat me all you want. It's OK. I can take it." Of course she left out, "Jesus took so much more than this!" So, it is futile. Of course, I have never told any xtian or anyone of any faith that they are "wrong." I actually will support them in their faith and, hopefully, they will be responsible human beings in doing so and will treat all others well and without judgement. Now, I no longer deal with my daughter at all as she is so hooked into her newfound faith at 39, that no on knows anything at all, except herself, of course. Can't talk or reason with people like that, especially, as she does, when they seek to bring their religion into the conversation, no matter what. Such boorish manners! Oh well. No reason = no reason to argue or to judge! LOL!
Evan B.
Evan916
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 12
The zeal and enthusiasm of the convert is a powerful and often scary thing. I'm really sorry about that. The book I'm reading is talking about the cognitive-science aspect of religious belief right now. It's crazy, you know? I've never seen a problem with admitting that the universe is a strange, complicated, and complex place--people will, and do, talk themselves into ANYthing to correct the cognitive dissonance. I don't know, I've just always been pretty OK with not knowing what nobody knows; when people start saying things like "it just HAS to be this way!" or "there MUST be a reason!", they sound pretty desperate and pathetic to me.
Bakari
user 2418735
Elk Grove, CA
Post #: 23
Hysterical!!! With all the heavy reads that I have read it is so fun to read a book like this, with everyday language and comedy all while depicting the bible chapter by chapter!

Yep, I agree. I read this book when it was first released and found to be both informative and entertaining. The author posts a lot on Twitter.