addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Help with Freethought Day audio

Help with Freethought Day audio

BJones
jeffersonish
Davis, CA
Post #: 52
Hi all,

As many of you know, we just celebrated Charles Darwin yesterday with Darwin Day 2013. That makes the 4th with me providing the audio, both equipment and staffing. I've done the same for the last four Freethought Day events. I was a committe member of Freethought Day before that for 2-3 years. When I started, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I'm still learning, but with lots of time spent online learning from pros and learning on the "job," I think I'm now ready to share my knowledge with others. At the same time, setup times are always an issue and a semi-skilled assistant would be more than welcome.

I usually get others willing to help, but what I really need is someone who wants to learn more about the sound system. Someone with experience already with pro audio equipment would be great, but I'm not expecting that -- I'd be shocked in fact. I'm hoping someone will come forward to help because they want to LEARN something that could come in handy in other situations.

I guess what I'm looking for, is a roadie, available for two gigs a year for little more than a pat on the back who does it out of a commitment to secularism, scientific endeavors and promotion of the freethought community.

I don't actively seek other gigs, but if others did pop up and I were to be paid for those, I would be happy to split the work and pay with my roadie.

If you're a budding musician, I could possibly offer to provide sound reinforcement for one or more of your events.

Or, maybe you're just passionate about these events and would like to help out.

The only requirements are a willingness to help and the ability to be there for both events, hopefully for the foreseeable future.

(For those who saw the "EDITING" message earlier. I apologize. I inadvertently hit my Enter key before I had finished composing my message.)