addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act (H.R. 5872)

Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act (H.R. 5872)

A former member
Post #: 25
This bill that was signed into law on Oct. 8, equates to a $3.5 million "bake sale" for the Boy Scouts, a private organization that bans atheists and homosexuals.

This is obviously unconstitutional, but does anyone know the best route to get this addressed in the courts before 2010, when the coins are scheduled to be made?

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h5872/show­
Curt J.
oldschoolcj
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 15
Hello christie, I've been hoping for a response from our resident legal minds. I'm not too surprised that there seems to be little response to this given that there is a lot that goes on with our tax dollars that pretty outrageous. Nikos.. no input here?
A former member
Post #: 26
It looks like the ACLU has taken on government funding of the Boy Scouts before (see link below), so I wonder if there on it now. I guess the only way to know is to ask, which I plan to do soon.

http://www.aclu.org/r...­