Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Palin on CBN: God "Mocked" in Campaign 2008

Palin on CBN: God "Mocked" in Campaign 2008

Nikos L.
nikosl
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 43
Relevant excerpt from this article:

Her Faith Walk

What she has heard plenty of are the attacks against her -- especially her Christian faith.

"Faith and God in general has been mocked through this campaign, and that breaks my heart."

Newspaper editorials have taken shots at her Pentecostal upbringing. The liberal blogosphere has chimed in and yes, Saturday Night Live has taken their shots too.

"People would misconstrue and spin anything that has to do with my faith or anybody else's and turn it into something to be mocked. That's very sad," she said. "I don't think that there's anything that I can do about it, so you know, I won't… whine or complain about it, but nobody is going to convince me that my foundation of faith is not good for me and for my family no matter the mocking, no matter what anybody says about it."

Palin dedicated herself to the Lord as a middle-schooler complete with an Alaska lake baptism. It's an event she calls 'significant" because she realized there was something bigger than her out there.

"As you're raised up out of the water it's like 'hey world, this is my confession of faith that I'm going to try to lead and live my life according to my belief that God as my Creator has good plans for all of us, and we are to seek those plans and seek the destiny that he has for all of us,"' Palin said.