addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Sam Harris coming to Berkeley in November

Sam Harris coming to Berkeley in November

A former member
Post #: 12
According to his website, Sam Harris will be speaking at Berkeley on November 10th (Wednesday, I believe). I know that's a bit away, but it would be wonderful to start planning for that event, to see if we can get people to go down there. I'm thinking about making it a Facebook event.

What say you? Who would be interested in going and hearing him talk?
A former member
Post #: 32
Set it up! I would go.
Sarah S.
user 3215189
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 7
If I don't have work obligations that day, I'd be interested in going ...
David D.
DavidDiskin
Lodi, CA
Post #: 39
Yes, please!

I am tentatively scheduled to teach a class in West Sacramento that day, but it will end at 4pm.

So as long as this thing is in the evening, I can totally make it to Berkeley. I'd be happy to drive a car pool.
Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 18
I would also be happy to go. I will need a ride, of course as my tricycle only goes about 30 miles on a single 8-hour charge! Darn. Marcella, can I go with you?
A former member
Post #: 13
Here's his website: http://www.samharris....­

It's listed under "Speaking" -its one of the last dates posted. As soon as it updates I'll put the information up here and probably make a Facebook event. Not sure if we should do it on here as it is out of our area. I'll leave that up to Steve and Rachael to decide.
Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 21
Matthew,

Yes, ask Steve and Rachel if we can have it here and also make sure that it is posted that this is not a SACFAN sponsored event. However, I think that the interest in this will be rather high.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am really interested in going too, but my car is not going to make it so i would appreciate a ride. I will have to miss classes to attend it. which is ok.
Sabina Z.
user 10361134
Roseville, CA
Post #: 13
I would go - I have Honda Element, so I can drive a few people...

care, sabina
Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 26
Sabina,

If Marcella can't take me, can you? I should know next week which way this will go. I am more than interested in this as I have read some of his works as well. He is a pretty good speaker, too!