Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Possible Speaker: Robert T. Carroll PH.D.

Possible Speaker: Robert T. Carroll PH.D.

A former member
Post #: 10
Mr Carroll is the author of "The Skeptics Dictionary"­ He taught at Sac City College. However, I think he retired a few years ago. He runs an awesome website, I above posted the link. He is a daily blogger on facebook, mostly dealing with types of pseudoscience, religion, and other types of occult or paranormal concepts. I think we should approach him and ask if he would like to give a short presentation at one of our meetings. He is active on twitter and FB which would make it fairly easy I would think to contact him. I have met him in the past and it would be worth it for us to see if he would be willing to share some of his time.
A former member
Post #: 21
That's an awesome idea! Definitely pass the contact info on to Rachael, she's been doing most of the organizing lately.
Kel M.
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 1
I think he'd be a great choice.
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 104
Thanks for the suggestion Robert!

(Curious, are you a little bit biased because of his first name? ;))
A former member
Post #: 11
I did speak to Mr Carroll. It seems he is really enjoying his retirement life currently. He said that he is open to the idea in the future and would like to be kept in mind. On a side note, if you have not read his book "The Skeptics Dictionary" check it out!
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 106
Thanks for contacting him about that. Neither his website or his fb had a contact option/information (so I left a message on his fb wall. How did you get a hold of him?)
A former member
Post #: 13
I have his email. Unfortunately, he is not making himself available for speaking events right now. We will have to pester him another time!