addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Constitutional Rule for Speech Based on the Bible

Constitutional Rule for Speech Based on the Bible

A former member
Post #: 30
This petition was cleared to be circulated for signatures today by the Secretary of States office. It needs to collect 694,354 signatures by March 24, 2011 to qualify for the ballot. I would not worry about this qualifying as a proposition, the threshold to clear for circulation is extremely low, anyone with time to spare can qualify; however, it is exceedingly difficult to collect the 694,354 signatures necessary to qualify to be put on the ballot. Still I thought the group would be interested.

As written this Constitutional amendment would:
Exempt speech based on biblical authority from existing constitutional and statutory restrictions applicable to all other speech, including restrictions against discrimination and hate crimes. Repeals constitutional provision denying protection to acts of religious expression inconsistent with the peace or safety of the State. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: Potentially minor increased costs to state and local governments to resolve legal issues pertaining to the effect of the measure.

For the full text go here: http://ag.ca.gov/cms_...­
Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 47
Well, apparently, they are on the move to be able to revile anyone at anytime and anywhere for being gay, non-christian, transgendered, or anything of which "they" don't approve. They simply want their Xtian hate speech to be given legal privileges. This is insane! Someone went into the Teabagger's world and put together a nice collection of their "agenda" and state that it is anti-democratic, theocratic and so on. Can't remember the name, offhand. However, am I going crazy or are these religious zealots getting more and more out of hand and seeking far too much at the expense of the rest of those who do not agree with them? I watch "Van Impes" yesterday and they scare the bejezzus out of me! He just cites a quote followed by chapter and verse and she (his wife, Rexella - what a name, is it from REX as in "Tyranosaurus"? LOL! - talk about backpeddling in evolution) just seems to be so in awe of his "vast" knowledge and is definitely rather submissive to him. Also, both are presented as having Ph.D.'s. Of course, they are probably D.D.'s. I am looking into this "other" world and, I am afraid to say, I am becomming more and more scared as I see a movement on the rise that I anticipated in the mid 70's when the "Jesus Freak" movement began and was even recruiting some of the best minds into their fray! I just don't know what to think anymore . . . Hmmm. Even my navel is stirring!