Sacramento Animal Rights Meetup Group Message Board › "whole prey" sounds more humane than "catfood"!

"whole prey" sounds more humane than "catfood"!

Michelle K.
user 9243253
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 48
Even though we know that dogs can be vegans, its is very difficult indeed to suppliment synthetic "taurine" without feeding animals to cats. However looking in the subject of cat owners who give them prey animals as "feeder mice" are offering a more humane alternative to feeding them meat made from tortured farm animals, as well giving their cats a more "natural" diet. Here's one http://www.thepawsitt...­ this gives a link to where one can buy online frozen mice and chicks that are better and less costly than then those usually found in pet stores.
I've never done this personally, but I've heard of more and more people doing this for their cats. My personal experience though is that my own family cats we had from L.A that weren't fed the commercial cat foods, but mainly uncooked meats from local butchers, didn't get the dental and other health problems that the Sacramento cats that eating even supposedly good foods as Iams