Sacramento Film Festival Message Board › Big Events from Sacramento Film Festival This Month

Big Events from Sacramento Film Festival This Month

Martin
user 4000607
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Well Happy new Year (if I can still say that - lol),

Martin Anaya here with the Sacramento Film Festival and California Film Foundation (CFF). I have a lot of fantastic info for our members so let me get to it:

1) FRIDAY FEBRUARY 8th -

THE NEXUS of OSCAR and SCREENPLAY -

a fabulous look at how the screenplay drives other the Oscar categories of best director, best picture and even best actor. San Francisco Radio critic, KGO's own Dennis Willis will be on-hand to break down the 2013 Oscars and help us determine not only how the screenplay informs everything else but also what are the COMPONENTS of a WINNING SCREENPLAY.

DON'T MISS IT: http://www.meetup.com/screenwriters-281/events/102282882/­

2) Tues. FEBRUARY 13th -

Special Screening: BLESS ME ULTIMA -

Speaking of fabulous screenplays, the seminal Chicano novel, BLESS ME ULTIMA bu RUDOLFO ANAYA (yes, my uncle) is now a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE! Tickets will be FREE on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. YOU MUST BE A MEMBER of the California Film Foundation to get FREE TICKETS. Go there now and sign up! Tickets are not available yet but you want to be ready when they are. Basic CFF membership is free BTW!: www.CaliforniaFilm.net­

3) Wed. FEBRUARY 27th -

FASHION ON FILM -

This is a unique party event to champion Sacramento's growing fashion industry in a fresh new way. Tickets are just $10 and this promises to be an experience for all the senses. Full details are available NOW at www.CaliforniaFilm.net­

Whew! Lots more but I don't want your brain to explode...well, not yet anyway ;) Just do yourself a BIG FAVOR and if you do nothing else, make sure you attend the February 8th event. You'll thank me later!

Marty