What: A 2 day 1 night Basic Wilderness Self Reliance Workshop within a "Base Camp" setting.
We will be out in the middle of an Oak Savanna with little to no resources.
This event will give you a real good feel for what it's like to be "stuck" surviving with limited gear, no modern facilities, limited resources and by your wits finding ways to keep your self alive until help arrives or by way of Self Rescue find a way out!
Make it through this one and the Forest will seem like the Hilton!
Check out our last Basic Wilderness Self Reliance Workshops here!
Membership Required: All adult participants must be "Paid" Sacramento Trail Mix members - a verification check of pmt will be perormed. Save time for yourself and others by completing your membership form online.
This is a non-Alcohol/non-Smoking event.
All Questions must be answered on the RSVP window in order to qualify for this event.
This Adventure is limited to 4 people who are Seriously interested in focusing on Learning/Building and Owning a few Basic Wilderness Self Reliance skills while getting a feel for the Reality of Surviving in a desolate environment where resources are limited and personal endurance is tested.
Duration: 2 day 1 night "Base Camp" BWSR event. If you are looking for an out and back, this event is not for you.
Please, check your schedule before RSVP'ing for this event!
Expect a cool to possible cold environment for this event - Proper dress is essential!
Please be sure that you are Physically and Mentally in shape for an event like this before signing up.
A list of suggested proper dress and additional items will be emailed to participating Students before the event.
The only cancelation factors I can see at the moment is that if it begins to Rain for the weekend.
- All Students will meet at the Raleys parking lot in Lincoln CA on February 1st 2014 at 6am Sharp!
- We will then create Car Pools if you desire - just remember this is a "Fee" camp site and the fee is $23.00 per car per night.
A slow to moderate pace is the first step toward building a Wilderness Self Reliant Mindset!
These Skill Set Basics are based around a 24-72 hour scenario whereby a person has found themselves "Stuck in the Woods" for one reason or another.
* The 10 C's of Survivability (Focusing on the first 5)
* Fire Craft
* Orienteering (maintaining a sense of direction)
* The proper safe handling and usage of: Axe, Saw, Knife
* The 60% efficiency rule (and why it's a good idea to practice it often)
* Signaling (how best to be seen)
* How to make a "Super Shelter" (Cold Winter Emergency Shelter)
* Emergency Shelter building with a Tarp
* Let's see what Basic Survival Gear we can make from Garbage
* Basic Knots
* How to make Toggles (and their indispensable uses)
* Staying Properly Hydrated (and why it's important)
* Ways to help Search and Rescue find you - (should it ever come to that)
* Thermo Regulation ( The importance of Core Temperature Control)
* "Kit Mentality"
* Suggested items to have as your EDC (Every Day Carry) in the Bush
* A simple 3-step system to help yourself overcome Fear, Anxiety and Doubt
* The importance of always bringing along your "Chocolate Chip"
and other essentials to help keep yourself alive and well until help arrives or... YOU find a way out!
Up to date Weather Report:
Special Skills Necessary: Your good common sense along with one of Adventure!
A Gear list will be emailed to all qualified Students.
(This list has been put together so that the Student has the best opportunity of Success with the program. Not bringing any of the items will not eliminate you from the program, it will however not allow you to participate within the deliverables).
No Dogs on this event.
Per Person Host Donation: $20.00
Questions: please contact me here:
Scott S. [masked]
Basic Wilderness Self Reliance
~ Developing the Mindset
Through the Art of Practical Application~