Sacramento Politics and Philosophy Group Message Board › DVD programs on politics & philosophy?

DVD programs on politics & philosophy?

A former member
Post #: 219
Hello:

Has meetup group ever gathered to watch/listen to together program on DVD pertaining to either politics or philosophy? Would of course require the necessary equipment, location, etc. I have the DVD on "The Last Lecture" featuring deceased Carngie Mellon professor Randy Pautsch who delivered presentation to students (& his surviving family) on making fullest of life. More philosophy than politics. Anyway this is one example of possible activity if people are interested & place/equipment can be secured?

Sheldon

Brandon N.
user 63224812
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 4
We haven't watched any videos as a group, but I think we're open to this idea. The one time this group gathered to watch something was during the last election when we watched one of the presidential debates and then we had a post-debate amongst ourselves. Those who were in attendance at the time haven't come in months though so I'm the only active member who was there.

As for location and equipment, I have a loptop that plays DVDs. It wouldn't be hard to find a monitor that is big enough for everyone to see. Now, finding a good location might be more difficult if we want to do this at some public place. If it is at someone's home, then this is easy. I know my apartemnt is not big enough to have people over, which is why the party event was at my parent's house.