Sacramento Polyamory Message Board › How to deal with inappropriate messages/posts

How to deal with inappropriate messages/posts

A former member
Hey, all,

I just wanted to remind everyone (newcomers and veterans) about how to handle inappropriate messages or posts. Some people misinterpret a poly group as a group designed solely for people to hook up with each other.

If someone posts generally, or messages you particularly, and you feel it's inappropriate, feel free to ignore it (of course), or message the person back with a simple message like "I feel this message is inappropriate, and I would appreciate it if you didn't message me again."

Also feel free to message the moderator/admin of the group. (Elyse and I moderate the Meet-up group.)
In the case of inappropriate comments, usually I'll contact the person who made the comments and tell them to tone down or stop messaging. If they continue after that warning, I'll block them from the Meetup group.

Nick