June 1, 2013 · 8:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
I am setting up an outdoor shoot in El Dorado Hills at the "Town Center". This is a beautiful location to shoot at and there is a ton of interesting locations to shoot at with lots of neat trees, a small lake, and old world type buildings and facades.
This shoot will have two great features. First will be the ability to shoot with a number of different models all around the Town Center and second I will be conducting some "mini-workshops" during the event.
Who should attend:
- Anyone interested in learning more about shooting outdoors with ambient, reflected, and/or flash
- Anyone looking to try get new photos for their portfolios, work on their communication skills with their subject, or just practice their general skills and have a good time
- Open to all skill levels, anyone will be able to benefit from this event
- 8:30 to 8:55 orientation and introduction to the models
- 9:00 to 9:20 first mini-workshop on shooting with ambient light and reflectors and diffusers
- Getting accurate exposure
- Quality of light
- Working with the light versus against it
- Introduction to the different types and sizes of reflectors and diffusers
- Optimizing the effect of the light modifier
- 9:20 to 10:20 - Open shoot for all participants
- 10:30 to 10:50 second mini-workshop on shooting with ambient light and flash
- Getting accurate exposure for the desired effect
- Mixing ambient and flash for the desired effect
- 11:00 to 12:00 - Open shoot for all participants
- 12:00 to 12:30 Q&A and wrap up
I expect to have at least a 4:1 photographer to model ratio for the event and will have everyone switch models so you get a chance to shoot as many models as possible during the event. When everyone is doing a free shoot I will be available for questions and offer any help you might need.
What to bring:
- Camera (any camera will work but one with manual exposure is best)
- Reflectors or diffusers if you have them (I will have some to loan)
- Built in or dedicated flash (I will have 2 canon strobes)
- Water and snacks
RSVPs are cut off at Wednesday night (5/29) so I can have enough time to reserve enough models. Please RSVP right away of you plan to attend so I can plan accordingly.
Some Samples from Last Years workshop: