add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Sacramento Valley Permaculture Guild Message Board › Earthen Plasters/Adobe with Sacramento Soil

Earthen Plasters/Adobe with Sacramento Soil

Kent T.
user 14629582
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 5

I'm starting to get cranked up to do an earthen plaster finish on my chicken coop. I'm pretty excited with earthen, available, healthy, DIY, etc...

One thing that I've read about is that everyone's recipe for plaster is different, depending on the local soil that they start with. Has anyone in the Sacramento area have a recipe that works? I'm sure I'll have to tweak it to work for me, but it would be great to have a proven starting point for my own experimentation. I've found a lot of great information online, but nothing local.

I'm also interested in making adobe bricks, so give me a shout if you have experience with that.