addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sacramento Vegetarian Society Message Board › SVS organizes Sacramento Meatless Monday Coalition

SVS organizes Sacramento Meatless Monday Coalition

Mary R.
MaryNR
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 42
The Sacramento Meatless Monday Coalition is a community project organized by the Sacramento Vegetarian Society. Community organizations, local businesses, and individuals are invited to join as supporters and active participants. If this appeals to you, please express your interest here.

Go local

• We'll put a local spin on the the Meatless Monday goal of encouraging people around the world to go plant-based one day a week for human health and the health of the planet, including the animals that inhabit it. The focus will be on activities and education.
  • Meatless Mondays are being observed around the world, and we want Sacramento on the list. We know there's a ton of support in our community. Let’s pull together and make it happen!
  • Once we have a critical mass of coalition members on board, we will approach the City of Sacramento with our proposal for Sacramento to officially proclaim support for Meatless Mondays, a move that fits right in with Mayor Johnson's goal of making Sacramento one of the greenest cities in the nation.

Personal connections: Use your connections to local groups, businesses, restaurants and ask them to join the coalition. A letter of invitation will be posted this weekend.

Please "Like" SMMC on the SVS Facebook site (http://www.facebook.c...­, and send the link to other potential supporters.
Beatrice S.
user 12389010
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 18
Could you please post the full facebook link? Thank you!
Mary R.
MaryNR
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 43
Hi Beatrice,

I did post the full facebook link, but Meetup automatically hides links for security reasons. You've got a few options:

1. To reach the SVS facebook site, after entering "facebook(dot)com/" type in "Sacramento-Vegetarian-Society/1217­95524519597"

2. An even easier way is to go to "facebook(dot)com" then type "Sacramento Vegetarian Society" in the search box.

3. If you want to go directly to the Sac Meatless Monday site, after "facebook(dot)com/" type in "SacramentoMeatlessMondays" (note it's plural)

4. The absolutely easiest way to go to the site is to click on the partially hidden Meetup link, then copy or bookmark the URL that shows up at the top of the page.

Remember, no spaces in URLs!

Let me know if this works for you.

-Mary
Beatrice S.
user 12389010
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 19
It works! Thank you!
veg_girl
veghead_
Fair Oaks, CA
Post #: 281
Can I post this invite to my "Love and Peas" and "Get Outdoors Homeschool" meetup Discussion boards??
I would state that it was from another group.

Thank you
Mary R.
MaryNR
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 44
Tracy,

Yes, please announce that the kickoff for the Sacramento Meatless Monday Coalition is coming soon. Sign-up sheets will be available, and local organizations and restaurants are invited to be part of the Coalition. This is a community campaign, and we want as many people, businesses, and groups as possible to participate.

Thanks for your interest,
-Mary