Sacramento Vegetarian Society Message Board › What's a good vegetarian cook book?

What's a good vegetarian cook book?

A former member
Post #: 3
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good vegetarian cookbook.
I'm looking for some recipes for meatless burgers, meatloaf..etc.
A cookbook with recipes using eggs and dairy/cheeses in it okay.biggrin
Mary R.
MaryNR
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 78
Hi Nate, You can't go wrong w/any cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz—"Vegan with a Vengeance," "Vegan Brunch," "Veganomicon." The Black Bean Burger in the latter is excellent (p. 98 in the hardback version).

As Ilsa reminded us in her vegan cheese-making class last night, the Sacramento Public Library has a large selection of vegetarian cookbooks, allowing you to peruse before you buy.
A former member
Post #: 6
Hi Nate, You can't go wrong w/any cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz—"Vegan with a Vengeance," "Vegan Brunch," "Veganomicon." The Black Bean Burger in the latter is excellent (p. 98 in the hardback version).

Hi Mary,
Thank you very much for the suggestions.smile
I spent about four hours at Barnes & Nobles looking through cookbooks.
These are the ones I picked up.

• How to Cook Everything Vegetarian : Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food by Mark Bittman
  • Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
  • The Vegetarian's Bible: 350 Quick, Practical, and Nutritious Recipes by Inga-Britta Sundqvist
  • Veggie Burgers Every Which Way: Plus Toppings, Sides, Buns & More by Lukas Volger

Next on my list is picking up some spices, and other various ingredients for my pantry. biggrin