Welcome Temple Dancers and Chantwells!
Dancing and chanting are two of the most natural human expressions that can profoundly affect our spiritual growth and well being. Coupled with sacred ritual, it can offers even more spirited opportunities to release barriers and help us to free our most authentic, soulful and joyful self. This is a group for anyone interested in experiential healing gatherings that uses dance, chants and healing rituals to support self actualization and help build community.
Haitian sacred dance is a beautiful, ecstatic, and can be an intense art form with a variety of rhythms reflecting specific rites. Each rites/rhythms wills your body toward movements with deep esoteric meaning. We will work with energy archetypes and consciousness to frame the bio organic structure of each dance. Participants in this group can expect to experience a feeling of community , joy and most importantly transformation and expansion over time.
You will leave gatherings feeling re-centered and re-connected to the divine within. Having an open mind, free spirit, and joyful heart will help to secure this for you.
We offer a safe free form dance and chanting community. Although fun & liberating this form is strongly influenced by the sacred arts. Our events will provide the freedom for full self-expression through dancing, chanting and ritual.
Who is this group best suited for?
Our group is ideal for those who seek personal growth, spiritual development, life giving/manifesting, purifying, liberating/transforming and healing through the media of sacred dance, chants and rituals.
• If you are in love with Sacred Haitian dance or just seeking to learn more
• If you are wanting to learn Haitian Folk Chants (in creole)
• If you are seeking another avenue to practice self-empowerment
• If you looking for periodic, or quarterly gatherings that you really enjoy. (at some point events may become monthly or more frequent)
• If you are desiring to become or express yourself as a sacred temple dancer and chantwell who can be called on to support other sacred events in the DC area (optional)
Then this group may be right for you!
*The group is currently open and members are encouraged to share this information with kindred spirits! This may change.
Our Group Etiquette
• We require all members to have a clear picture of your face to join the group.
• When you're unable to make an event you RSVP'd to, please be considerate of the people attending, waiting and/or hosting the event, and change your RSVP as soon as possible and at least 24 hours prior to the event.
• Be aware when we change our RSVP within 24 hours of the event start or do not show up, this will be counted as a 'no show'.
• A minimum of 12 participants is required to host an event as scheduled. Please RSVP early to help us help you meet your sacred dance needs.
• Space will often be limited. People who repeated "no shows", may be emailed a reminder and eventual may be asked to leave the group.
• Be courteous and respectful of the organizer and other members online, onsite and of course of their property.
Invite your friends and let's help to build up the sacred temple dancer community in the DC Metro are!
In spirit, joy and in everlasting love,