San Diego Data Science & R Users Group Message Board › First R meeting this Saturday!

First R meeting this Saturday!

Derren B.
user 9464090
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Hi everyone,

I'd like to invite you to our first San Diego R meeting! It is scheduled for this Saturday, Jan 30, from 10 AM - noon, at Dart Neuroscience (in their cafeteria). Directions will follow in a subsequent email. Since we just got the room reserved, this email is a "save the date".

The plan is to have approximately half an hour to an hour for introductions and open discussion (for example, I have a list of possible future talks.)

Then, to get the ball rolling, I will have two short (45 minute) powerpoint talks: the first will be "beginner's introduction to R" and the second will be "Large R computations on Amazon EC2".

I would *love* to have your help in getting this group off the ground. Please RSVP if you think you can make it - I look forward to meeting you at this or future events!

Thanks,
Derren Barken

P.S. I will be posting announcements to a couple of local mailing lists tomorrow. Please feel free to spread the word...