add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

San Diego Data Science & R Users Group Message Board › Red R: Pipeline Pilot for R

Red R: Pipeline Pilot for R

Mark F.
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
I stumbled across this new tool for R called Red R. It's similar to Pipeline Pilot in that it gives the user a visual workflow-like environment to create R scripts. You can create an analysis pipeline and pass it to someone else, and have them instantly understand what the script does. You can find out more about it here:­

Dana H.
user 11943744
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Thanks for the heads-up on Red R. As a Pipeline Pilot developer myself, I need to add that Pipeline Pilot has its own R Statistics component collection that works similarly. I.e., it allows you to use R functions for data analysis, clustering, model building, and visualization in a visual workflow interface without the need to learn R scripting. If you do know how to write R scripts, you can use the R scripting components to apply your scripts to data in Pipeline Pilot.

Basically, the R Statistics collection allows you to combine R's statistical capabilities with Pipeline Pilot's scientific data awareness (e.g., molecular fingerprints) and PP's own statistical features (e.g., integrated model applicability domains:­).

See here for some of the details:­. (There are also other Pipeline Pilot component collections such as the Gene Expression collection that use R or R-based Bioconductor:­.)