addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego Liberal Bookworms Message Board › A Meeting About the 1970s

A Meeting About the 1970s

David G.
user 3627352
Group Organizer
Poway, CA
Post #: 2
Since we're reading two books for our first meeting that deal with the importance of the 1970s in the decline iof liberalism, I thought some of you might be interested in a kind of tune-up event. My other group, Civilized Conversation San Diego, will be discussing "The 1970s: Joke or Pivotal Decade" THIS Thursday evening, March 8.

I run the group and will open with a summary of the political importance of the 1970s. A lot of the material will be based on the Krugman book and the Winner Take All Politics book that we're going to discuss on Saturday, plus a great book on the politics of the decade called, "Staying Alive."

For location, directions, and (by Tuesday) a background post of mine with links to related articles and books, see: http://civilizedconve...­

DavidG