The San Diego Off Leash Meetup Message Board › Anyone want to get together in North County?

Anyone want to get together in North County?

A former member
Post #: 8
Getting down to Mission Bay and that area from North County is a stretch for me. Anybody else out there in North county that wants to arrange an off leash get together?
leanne
user 2744859
San Diego, CA
Post #: 253
Hi Kev
I live down in Pt Loma and totally get how hard it is to get down here afterwork or whatever for some events.
I think you had posted a request before about North County events and I made you an event organizer at that time. If you want to put together an event at Del Mar beach, a dog park or other event, it's actually real easy to do it. Find a date on the calander that works for you and it walks you right through how to schedule an event. Post and they will come. :)
We really do need people who want to host things through out the county and all you have to do is put out an event and show up a little early. More people will look at the calander than the message boards
Thanks and run with it.
Nathan
ibtrotter
Group Organizer
Imperial Beach, CA
Post #: 450
I second that. The group needs more activities, especially in North County, where a good chunk of the membership reside. I've actually been meaning to send out a general message asking for more event organizers up your way, so it would be fantastic if you took the lead and set something up.
A former member
Post #: 2
I don't know any off leash areas for smaller dogs, but I'd love to find a place to go where my dog @bucky_jocoy would be protected.

Sheila C.
user 15929171
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
I also live in North county. It would be great to have more activities up this way.
Ellen A. C.
user 48317722
Carlsbad, CA
Post #: 1
I also reside in North County. It would be great to have more Meet ups here.
A former member
Post #: 43
I am in North County as well. We love to hike but this time of year you have to hike pretty early to beatthe heat and I am pretty leary of rattlesnakes this year so am very cautious about where I am hiking with the dogs so we hit the coastal areas and actually some of the most friendly dog places are down south, Balboa Park, Seaport Village, Coronado, Pacific Beach, Fiesta Island, these are some of my favorite places to go with the dogs. Sometimes they are not offleash but there are places within these areas that they can get some offleash time as long as they have a good recall and snakes are not so much a concern and we have a great time. I have smaller dogs as well and do worry about some of the big rowdy dogs offleash and in those events, I will actually bow out of an event if the group looks like it will be to much for my little white dog and older dog to handle.
Nathan
ibtrotter
Group Organizer
Imperial Beach, CA
Post #: 451
So, anyone want to set something up? Off the top of my head I can think of a few meetups that are near the coast. and doable in the summer (Guajome, the lagoons).
A former member
Post #: 44
Guajome I have not been there since I was like 10, lol. I am not familiar with the trails. I will set up an event if I get some ideas, I really am not familiar with dog friendly areas up in the north county coastal areas.
Nathan
ibtrotter
Group Organizer
Imperial Beach, CA
Post #: 452
Guajome is pretty cool. It's County so dogs are permitted. Once you get away from the main lake and to the smaller ponds, you can let them off leash (or you could 3 years ago).