San Diego Photoshop for Photographers Message Board › Questions about this Wednesday's Photoshop Meetup ...

Questions about this Wednesday's Photoshop Meetup ...

John Watts
user 10120065
Group Organizer
El Cajon, CA
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some of the questions that have popped up about this Wednesday Evening's Meetup - Photoshop:Concepts vs. Mechanics - The cost is a low $5 per person to cover expenses.

By the way, if you're going, don't forget to upload a RAW file here­ - we may use it in the presentation - more info in the Meetup's description­.

Hope to see you there - It'll be fun and educational...

Thanks, and cheers,

John­ :-)

______

Question #1 - Eddie asks: "Sounds like a great class but I have begun to use Lightroom. Will this class be of any use to me?"

Answer: I'd definitely think so - - regardless of the "tool" you use (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc), the principles of what makes a good color image remain the same - We'll learn quantitative and qualitative ways to look at your image critically, and decide how you want your "finished product" to look... Again, I'm not going to spend much time on the "Mechanics", just the "Concepts", which should be universal.

Question #2 - Maria asks: "I've never used Photoshop, but have always wanted to learn how; will this help me at all in comprehending the mechanics of the program?"

Answer: Not directly, no … But indirectly, definitely yes …The “Mechanics” of Photoshop are so much easier to comprehend if you know what you’re aiming for (The “Concepts”).   Just knowing “how” to make an adjustment to your image (contrast, color, etc.) is useless if you don’t know “why” – We’re going to concentrate on the “why”.  Oh, and we’ll definitely cover the “how” in future Meetups (as you can see from past Meetups we’ve had).

Question #3 - Debbie asks: "I have been trying to find a class or lesson on Photoshop Elements. Would your class benefit me, or are they too different?  I'm very new at it."

Answer: I'd highly recommend you attend - - The differences between Elements and the full version of Photoshop are not going to be an issue at all for this class and future Meetups.