San Diego Robotics Club Message Board › Mentor needed for middle school robotics team

Mentor needed for middle school robotics team

Gary S.
user 25869582
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 36
From Denise Santoro:

We are seeking a volunteer coach to mentor six middle school kids (grades 6-8) in a remote control robotics event. They will design and build a robot to move various objects on a prescribed playing field. I can send rules to someone who is seriously interested. This will be a really fun event. I want to keep costs from soaring, as we may need to build three of these robots and and likely need controllers for of our three teams interested.

The Robo-Cross event is one of 23 events in the Science Olympiad competition to be held on Saturday, February 8, 2014. We would like to get started right away and need an experienced roboticist to guide this event. Our school is Grant K-8, a public school in Mission Hills, above Old Town. Volunteers are required to be screened by the San Diego Unified School District.

I am very interested in this event! However, I coach a couple of the other events while running this program at the school, and am a complete novice at robotics. I understand from your group's website that you will have a meetup on October 29, in the evening. If you think I should attend this, I will try to arrange to be available.

We are very eager to connect with an experienced roboticist who would enjoy this event along with us. We have a couple of parents interested and willing to assist. The have some experience, but do not have enough experience to want to lead the event.

Thank you for your consideration,

Denise

-----------------------------
Denise Santoro
Head Coach, Grant School Science Olympiad
619-284-6881 home
619-206-2716 cell
GrantSOInfo@gmail.com
Hansol H.
user 43667502
San Diego, CA
Post #: 18
I know Bob was talking to Denise, but not sure how that went?