The San Fernando Valley Republican Club Message Board › Replacement of the SFV Townhall Meetup.com site
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Members of the San Fernando Valley Townhall Meetup.com group:
We have said many times before that Townhall is terminating its relationship with Meetup.com. Townhall has commenced legal action against Meetup.com by sending a cease and desist order, which Meetup.com has not complied with. The following is an excerpt from a letter I received from Townhall:
I have posted directions on TownHall for disassociating from Meetup in the message board under “I need the basics”. We sent a cease and desist letter to Meetup concerning the continued operation of groups with the Townhall name but they are choosing to ignore it. The directions for terminating your Meetup group at the local level come from Meetup, rewritten by me to avoid plagiarism. There are also directions in the same section concerning how to sign up for TownSquare which you are free to print off and distribute to your members or email to them.
Thank you for your patience with us. We are soon launching a political networking site in partnership with Essembly, the people who developed facebook the college student networking site, to enhance TownSquare.
Could you circulate amongst the Townhall groups that you know of this information? Teamwork amongst TownHall is superior those of us in DC trying to do it alone.
Thank you sir,
Grassroots Activist Intern
The Meetup.com site is being replaced with the TownSquare site on Townhall.com. To sign up, do the following:
Below are the instructions for registering with TownSquare on www.Townhall.com
Go to www.Townhall.com (It is the home page)
1) In the green box in the top right corner, under “Registered Members Log-In”, Click "Register Now!”
2) At top of next screen you should see “Register For Townhall.com!”
a. This page is a submission form.
i. Fill in the following fields at a minimum:
(Note: Additional information will help us serve you better.)
1. First Name
2. Last Name
4. Zip Code (5 digit)
5. E-Mail address you will use to log-in to Townhall.com website
6. Password for Townhall.com website (Between 5 and 15 characters, no spaces)
7. Re-enter same password in previous step
8. Nickname – may be anything that is not offensive, used when you post your comments on TownHall.com blog (named “Soapbox”) or other features on the website
9. Under “Receive Our Newsletters” – All four newsletters are selected by default. If you already subscribe to Townhall newsletters or do not want one or more of these newsletters, un-check the appropriate boxes.
b. Click on “Registration for Townhall.com” submission button
c. Next screen, “Registration Complete” should be at top
i. You will receive an email confirmation notice if registration successful.
3) Click on “TownSquare” on “Registration Complete” page
4) Next page, Enter Zip Code (Note: You can select the radius of the search from the zip code) OR click “Find a Group in Your State”
a. Under “Find a Group in Your State”, choose your state
b. Choose your group
c. Click “Join this Group!” ***
i. Select button of who can contact user
ii. Decide if you want new TownSquare feature notices
5) Click “Set Preferences” submission button
You should all register at TownSquare now since the Meetup.com site will be closing down.
For keeping in touch with you for our local events it would be helpful if you would go to:
http://www.sfvrc.org... and enter your email address in the box on the home page. You may already be in our database, in which case when you enter your email address, all your information will be displayed. If you are not, please fill it out. That way we can keep in touch with you for local events.
Contact me if any questions at SFVTownhall@earthlink.net