GlusterFS is an open source scale-out storage solution and greatly simplifies the task of managing unstructured file data, whether you have a few terabytes of storage or multiple petabytes.
At this meetup, join John Mark Walker from Gluster as he illustrates how to to solve the following challenges:
1. a POSIX-compliant distributed file system that doesn’t require application porting or re-writes
2. Access the same data store from either an S3-compatible API or a POSIX-compliant network file system, a la NFS
3. Scale out your storage capability without losing performance, beyond geographic regions
4. A true global namespace, across multiple deployments, regardless of location
5. High-availability and failover for Amazon EBS users
In this meetup, we’ll discuss the GlusterFS roadmap, recent developments in Hadoop integration, and share recipes for deploying at scale.