San Francisco Astrological Society Meet up Group Message Board › more than a belief?

more than a belief?

Davie P.
smilingdavie
Campbell, CA
Post #: 7
Does anyone know of facts, survey results, statistics of astrology studies done that confirm the validity of astrology? The last time I checked the 'net, there was only one British study done, with a propensity for the wealthiest sign being Gemini.
David K.
Festus_lamont
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Francois de Gauquelin, a French journalist, set oiut to disprove astrology about forty(?) years ago. He ended up by offering statistics to show its validity.
I don't know exactly how good his research was, but it was fairly respectable, I think.
I remember something about the last few degrees of the ninth house being the power spot of the zodiac where a lot of go-getters had their suns.
It's been a long time since I read anything about him so pls. double check everything I said here!
David
A former member
Post #: 1
There have been a few studies. Trouble is, I don't have the data to lead you to them.
One was a survey of scientists and dentists, finding the high prevalence of Virgo sun sign among them.
I did my own private survey, of women in the entertainment field...who happened to be onstage performers,
who were doing exotic dance/stripping, and found they were 90% Fire signs!

Studies of Royalty have found that most have either Sun sign in Leo or some prominent planet there!
I have found that to be true myself.

Check out the book, My World of Astrology, by Sydney Omarr. He describes how he actually went to trial (!!)
to prove the validity of Astrology....and he tells the story in detail, all the talking points Pro and Con.
Ended up persuading his non-believer opponent of its validity.

There have also been quite a few Scientists in the past, who were astronomers as well as astrologers.
I believe Copernicus is among them (need to check).

Ellen
A former member
Post #: 4
Check out this Astrology for Skeptics, E article at http://www.bobmarksas...­ Who really does have the actual burden of proof to contend with in relation to understanding influences that inform life opportunities?
A former member
Post #: 2
Good article. thanx for the info. Am sending it along, to my favorite scientist friend who makes fun of Astrology all the time, because it makes no sense.