Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:54 AM
I'm hiring a report engineer with Tableau experiences position based in Palo Alo. Please reply directly to me should there be interest. Description below.
The Reports Engineer brings technical skills and business understanding to create reports, dashboards and visualizations to empower business users explore, discover, report, track and forecast business metrics across the company allowing actionable business information and insights to be easily accessed, sliced and diced, visualized and discovered.
* Define key business metrics
* Develop, maintain and document modularized, reusable, advanced reports for business decision making and rapid visualization of key trends and metrics
* Develop, maintain and document highly visualized comprehensive dashboards to meet business specific challenges
* Ensure data quality and consistency with data processing pipelines by developing quality assurance mechanism to automatically detect and alert on potential discrepancies
* Develop highly scalable, performant, available, quality reporting and analytics work
* Work closely with all engineering teams including data and ETL with highest service levels.
* A proactive problem solving mentality that thrives in an agile work environment
* 5+ years of Reporting and Analytics experience with proven high quality deliverables
* Prior reporting experience using commercial or open source reporting platforms such as Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong desire to work for a fast-paced, flexibile environment of a startup
* Proven solid high quality of deliverables and excellent service level
* Prior visualization development experiences such as Tableau a big plus
* Reporting development with open source BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tool) a big plus
* Report Programming / customization experiences a plus