addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Cohousing SF:Neighborhood Organizing for Sustainable Living Message Board › Wednesday night event in downtown SF: Living Building Challenge -- Build It

Wednesday night event in downtown SF: Living Building Challenge -- Build It Green

Raines C.
raines
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 246
Future SF cohousers, I'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow night for an event that may be of interest to some of you -- details below; I listed it on East Bay Cohousing. Anyone care to join me there and/or for dinner afterwards? Click on my profile and then the envelope icon to send me a private message, or reply publicly on this thread. Details below.

Raines, your Cohousing Coach/Cohousing California regional organizer

Living Building Challenge:
A Metric for Building a Symbiotic Relationship to our Environment

The Living Building Challenge strives for the most advanced measure of sustainability in the built environment possible. This presentation, a Build It Green gathering of the San Francisco Green Builders' Guild, will outline the Challenge’s seven performance areas, and 20 imperatives required for a successful LBC design, look at several projects that have completed their certification review period, and explore a project in the early design phase, an EcoVillage in West Marin.

Speaker: James Bill, Architect, ZIA (Zero Impact Architecture)
Presentation Team: Torsten Glidden - Build It Green

Schedule:
5:30-5:45 Sign In
5:45-6:00 NetworkingExercise
6:00-7:00 Topic Presentation
7:00-7:30 Open Discussion

Wednesday 28 November 2012, 5:30 to 7:30 pm

AIA Offices, 130 Sutter Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94104

Price: $15. Discounts and fees may apply. Sponsored by Build It Green.

Be sure to register with Build It Green:
http://www.builditgre...­