|A former member||
Looking for Flash development professionals to teach design students how to code immersive interactive user experiences for web and mobile, either as product deliverables or high fidelity prototypes.
• Adobe Flash platform support for web and/or mobile devices
• Extensive knowledge of Action Script 3
• Experience with web API integration
• Rapid prototyping and development strategies
• Demonstrated ability to create front and backend websites, desktop applications or mobile applications
• Ability to communicate with students in a friendly, patient manner
• Ability to work unsupervised in a classroom environment
• Ability to take direction from department Director
These qualities are a huge plus:
• Prior teaching experience
• Ability to work across a combination of disciplines
• Basic graphic design knowledge
• Ability to critique students’ design and debug code
Position Time and Effort Commitment
The teaching position involves a commitment:
• Meet in a 3-hour class session once a week, for 15 week semester session (8 weeks in Summer)
• Fall Semester runs September 1, 2011 - December 17, 2011.
Materials and Benefits
• Class content for lectures has been already identified. All course material is provided online; the 15-module class lecture material will be supplied.
• Teachers have the freedom to present the class material in the manner that suits their personal teaching style and that maximizes student learning.
• The benefits of teaching at the Academy is the opportunity to mentor graduate students shape their thesis projects
• Thesis projects innovative and cutting edge in new media. These projects range from web design information graphics and applications, handheld applications, games and immersive installation user experiences.
Pay rate commensurate with current industry and teaching experience.
Contact for More Information
If you are interested, please email me your resume and/or link to your portfolio to: mzimroth@academyart (dot) edu
. . . . . . . .
Administrator | Graduate School of Web Design + New Media
Academy of Art University
180 New Montgomery Street, rm. 522 | San Francisco, CA 94105
mzimroth@academyart (dot) edu