Jen Jordan and Paul "Motobrewer" Liszewski will be brewing up a 20gal batch of Jen's Cal Common for entry into the NorCal Homebrewers Festival Club Keg Competition. Since this is a Club Entry, we need your help! We will be brewing a 20gal batch and will send 'home' 4x5gal for fermentation and kegging.
If you are interested in monitoring the fermentation and kegging (Cellarman/Cellarwoman), you will need to bring a carboy, stopper... We will work out the yeast details by the brewday (one yeast, pitch and divide OR 4 different yeasts pitched OR ???). - Kegs need to be Corny 2.5 or 5gal kegs.
- FYI: Fermentation temps are 64F, 60F and cold crashed at 40F (one week). Assistant Brewers for the day will mill grains, weigh hops, clean, mash tun grain removal, move heavy stuff, help with general setup, etc...
Brew Day Schedule:
10am: Start (milling grains, final Brewhouse setup)
11am-ish: Mash in
I will have the jockey box setup with two of the following Motobrews: Big Brew Day American Brown Ale, Moving Violation, Citra SMaSH IPA. Please bring a glass. The jockey box wasn't the best way to fill growlers. My kegerator works better, but what's ready to go might be in limited supply. If I can fill it, I will (currently the BBD ABA and Moving Violation).
Some light snacks will be provided, and please feel free to bring nibbles to share. When the beer is ready, we will get together for a tasting to determine which of the 4 kegs to enter into the competition - likely at the August Guild Meeting.
- This will be limited to 20 SFHG Members Only*.
- If you are interested in helping with the Cellar Operations (fermentation monitoring, cleaning/filling kegs), let us know in the comments or email me paul at motobrewer dot com.
- Ice donation (25-30#) welcomed - email me or in the comments. Thank you Scott S!)
- Lots of public transportation options available. BART and Muni are close by. Parking is relatively easy (by SF standards).
*I won't likely turn any member away. If you just want to stop by, have a sample or two and say 'hi', you are certainly welcome. Just leave a comment that you are doing so.
Thank you, Motobrewer & Jen
Ice: Scott S.
C1 - Jen J.
C2 - Steve K.
C3 - Jay F.
C4 - Paul (if needed)
"Official" Assistant Brewers: (list to be finalized by 16-July)
1 - (C1) Jen J.
2 - (C2) Steve K.
3 - (C3) Jay F.
4 - (C4) Randy S
5 - (Ice) Scott S.
6 - Delaina
7 - Izzy
8 - Dave
9 - Vivek K.
10 - Jeff
11 - Michael S.
12 - Daniel H.
13 - Alfredo R.
14 - AJ G.
15 - Seth M.
16 - James S.