San Francisco Magic The Gathering Casual Players Message Board › Brand-New to MtG...

Brand-New to MtG...

A former member
Post #: 2
I'm absolutely new to MtG. New as in, "I've ordered two of those 258-card starter boxes and they're not even here yet" new. I'm hoping there's a place for the completely uninitiated at your tables--and if not, would someone point me to the rookie tables in SF?

Thanks!
Ryan H.
user 75149342
Daly City, CA
Post #: 1
Hi there!

Welcome to world of Magic: The Gathering! Your t-shirt, decoder ring and loin guard will come in the mail. I understand the MTG culture is a bit more esoteric in the Bay Area. Generally, Gamescape in Lower Haight is very helpful to new players, but you may wanna stop by when they have events going. You may see handful of others playing EDH or casual during off-peak hours. In my opinion, Anime Imports in Pacifica and Superstars in San Jose (more hardcore players there) are a lot more active, but obviously, locations aren't as convenient. As for the Sunday meetups, I've only been to a few but the people are a friendly bunch and willing to share some advice.

Which formats are you interested in playing?