One of my favorite things to do around here. We'll drive up Russian river (~2 hours north of SF), hop on tubes, lazy float down the river, bring all the beer and sunscreen we can carry. Water's pretty warm, and mostly shallow and easy, but there are a few deeper sections for swimming and cliff diving(!!), and a little bit of bouldering if you're into that!
Here's a carpool sheet: http://goo.gl/tRgwt
If you don't have a tube, we'll be making a stop along the way up to pick up gear ($10-$20) and supplies! If you want, you can get something like this in advance: http://goo.gl/8A8gu
The rough plan:
- Carpool passengers meet drivers wherever
- Everyone meets around 9 am at Marina Green (Scott at Marina Blvd)
- Drive up together, possibly stop for tubes / supplies / breakfast
- Reach starting beach (http://goo.gl/maps/xfR0l) around 11, drop everyone off
- Take two cars to destination beach (http://goo.gl/maps/gzF7J), leave one car, head back to start in the other
- TUBE down, swim, cliff dive, get wasted responsibly, etc
- Take destination car to pick up cars at starting beach, drive home
- Stop for steak?
- Should be back late afternoon or early evening
- I'm bringing a vehicle. We need at least one more car or motorbike to make this happen.
- If weather sucks, we'll move it back a week or two.