Jan 8, 2014 · 5:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This Meetup will focus on our New Year’s trading resolutions. Discipline is the key to being a successful and profitable trader. Part of being disciplined is having, and following, a trading plan. Let’s take this time to share our trading resolutions, goals and game plans for 2014. Also, be prepared to make your market predictions for 2014; the winner will be announced in 2015!
NOTE; LiveVol has informed me that they will be awarding prizes to the two top winners of the 2014 Market Forecast contest. The first place winner will receive a Google Glass! The second place winner will receive a FitBit!
You MUST submit your forecasts to the following at the Meetup to participate!
1) What total return will the Dow Industrials generate in 2014?
B) Zero to 10%
C) 10.1% to 20%
D) 20.1% or higher
2) Which equity market will fare best?
A) U.S. (Standard & Poor's 500)
B) Emerging markets (MSCI Emerging Markets Index)
C) European stocks (Stoxx 50)
D) Japan (Topix)
3) Which S&P 500 sector will be No. 1?
A) Health Care
B) Consumer staples
F) Basic materials
4) The top-performing commodity?
A) Natural gas
5) Where will the 30-year T-bond end 2014?
A) Under 3%
B) 3% to 3.50%
C) 3.51% to 4%
D) Above 4%
6) Name the year's top-performing Dow industrial (dividends included). Correct answer is worth two points.
7) Name the worst-performing stock in the Dow Industrials (dividends included). Correct answer is worth two points.
8) Tiebreaker: At what level will the DJIA end 2014?